A fuel injection system is used to inject atomized fuel directly into the cylinders of an internal-combustion engine. Nowadays, fuel injection cleaning is a required maintenance service on vehicles. You should consider a fuel injection service when your vehicle is hesitating, having trouble starting, achieving poor gas mileage or operating sluggish with poor performance.
Steps for a proper fuel injector system service:
- Check fuel pump operating pressure and volume.
- Test pressure regulator for operation and leakage.
- Flush entire fuel rail and upper fuel injector screens to include pressure regulator.
- Clean fuel injectors.
- Decarbon engine assembly.
- Clean throttle plate and idle air control (IAC) passages.
- Check minimum air flow rate and adjust if needed.
- Relearn onboard computer.