Transmission 4 less is a premium transmission repair shop in Chicago that is owned and managed by a certified master automobile technician and advanced level specialist that is aimed to customer satisfaction, while delivering quality services at reasonable prices.
Our team of professionals has the experience and knowledge to diagnose and repair all of you transmission needs with no surprises or hidden costs. We take pride in our work and back it up with quality services in a timely and professional manner! The transmission is a crucial part to the well-being of your vehicle. Therefore, if experiencing problems related to your transmission.
it is important to bring your car to a trustworthy mechanic in order to avoid significant safety issues and if you want your car to last a longer time. A proper diagnosis of your transmission not only gets rid of your problems, but also saves you a lot of money in the long run. For a better understanding of the possible signs associated with a failed transmission,
here is some useful information that might indicate that is time to take your car to a mechanic for inspection:
- Slippage: This occurs when your vehicle speeds up, but the vehicle doesn’t respond to it.
- Rough Shifting: Abrupt shifting between gears.
- Stains: heavy stains under the vehicle.
- Irregular Shifting: Unpredictable shifts while driving.
- Sounds: Heavy sounds or vibrations of any type.
- “Check Engine” Light:Lit light on the vehicle’s dashboard.
- Fluid: Dirty transmission fluid is a sign of a potential transmission problem.
These are some of the signs associated with a failing transmission; therefore, if experiencing any of these signs, it is critical to take your vehicle to a mechanic as soon as possible. Transmissions 4 Less not only will help you take care of the vehicle, but also provide you with tips in how to maintain a healthy transmission for a extended useful life.
We take care for your vehicle
Do you need a more powerful engine on your car or replace a failed one?
Transmission 4 less has your car covered! Our team of professionals assists customers every step of the way in identifying their expectations, while providing high quality work at prices that do not empty their pockets! In addition, Transmission 4 less specializes in day to day engine maintenance and repair related problems!
An engine swap occurs when removing a vehicle’s engine and replacing it with another. This process takes place either due to the failure of the existing one, or of the desire to replace it with a most powerful one.
Replacing an engine, regardless of reason, with a brand new one is quite expensive for numerous people, so there are other choices that could be taken into account: choose between a re-manufactured or used engine, or repair and rebuild the original one.
Troubleshooting the electrical system on your car can be an overwhelming task; therefore, it is important to find a good mechanic that is willing to help you find a reasonably priced procedure in a well-time fashion.
Our team of professionals is dedicated to ensure high quality services above customers expectations.
Transmission 4 less works to fit your everyday needs!
Nowadays’ vehicle is staggered with numerous electrical components. The most important component of the electrical system is the battery , The battery is the starting point to a smooth engine process. It provides the engine with the energy necessary to start the vehicle.
The battery voltage should read between 12.6 and 12.4 volts, if not recharge or replace the battery as soon as possible. Other electrical components associated with the electrical system are: fuse, switch, relay, electronic controller, fusible link, wire, and electrical connectors.
Good functioning fuses are essential to safe guard electrical circuits. Check them frequently to make sure that none of them have blown.
It is important to check if there is a loose connection in the electrical system between these components. Once the problem is identified, it is crucial to take action in order to avoid serious malfunctioning.
A well maintained brake system plays an important role for safe driving; therefore, it is essential to check you brakes as soon as possible if you experience any related problems.
Transmission 4 less will help you troubleshoot your problem and repair it in a short time frame at the lowest price in town! We provide full repair service for your vehicles brake system needs!
Brake Warning Signs:
- Noise is one of the leading indicators that something is wrong with your vehicle brakes.
- Some of the noises associated with a poor performance of your brakes are: whistling, squeaking, grinding or pulsing.
- When brakes are close to their useful life, the driver is forced to press harder on the pedal to make the vehicle stop.
- When pressure is applied to the brakes, the vehicle has a tendency to pull to one side.
Easy to follow tips to extend the life of your brakes:
- Go easy on the speed: Stops from high speed is the most important factor that could reduce the life of your brakes.
- Stop overloading your vehicle with too much freight. Remember that a heavy vehicle is harder on brakes
- Avoid unnecessary braking.
- Do not haul the brakes while accelerating
- Renew your brake fluid constantly, especially if you have an older vehicle
If you see a lit “check engine” on your dashboard that is nothing more than a signal from your vehicle’s computer letting you know that there is a problem with the drivability of your vehicle. It other words, the vehicle’s computer detected a problem with one of the numerous system that it controls and it is sending you a diagnostic trouble code. The problem could be in the form of a bad sensor, malfunctioning electrical or mechanical component, or damaged wiring and plugs.
Air conditioning facilitates the removal of heat and humidity from inside the vehicle. Powered by a belt, the air conditioning compressor compresses the refrigerant to pressurize it and pump it through the system. To maintain the efficiency of the air conditioning system the compressor drive belt should be checked regularly. If it shows signs of deterioration, it is important to replace it as soon as possible in order to ensure a smooth A/C run.
- Make sure your unit is not leaking and is draining as it should.
- Change the filter every 4-6 weeks.
- Clean off the outside air compressor with water.
The main characteristic of shocks absorbers and struts is to influence the control and handling characteristics of your vehicle. In other words, the shocks and struts absorbers controls movement when a car is driven into a corner or over bumps. These units are comprised of shock oil, dampening valves, a piston, main seal, main body with mounting bushing and an activation shaft with mounting bushing.
Signs of worn shocks or struts:
- Excessive bounce when crossing and intersection
- Rocking back and forth when stopping your vehicle quickly
- Vehicle drifting left or right when applying brakes at high speed
- Bending from side to side when changing lines rather quickly
A fuel injection system is used to inject atomized fuel directly into the cylinders of an internal-combustion engine. Nowadays, fuel injection cleaning is a required maintenance service on vehicles. You should consider a fuel injection service when your vehicle is hesitating, having trouble starting, achieving poor gas mileage or operating sluggish with poor performance.
Steps for a proper fuel injector system service:
- Check fuel pump operating pressure and volume.
- Test pressure regulator for operation and leakage.
- Flush entire fuel rail and upper fuel injector screens to include pressure regulator.
- Clean fuel injectors.
- Decarbon engine assembly.
- Clean throttle plate and idle air control (IAC) passages.
- Check minimum air flow rate and adjust if needed.
- Relearn onboard computer.
Located in the front of the engine, the water pump is responsible for the continuous circulation of the engine coolant through the cooling system. The water pump takes its energy from the engine. A failed water pump will result in the overheating of the engine, which might cause serious problems to it. Noises from the engine or small leaks are some of the indicators of a failed water pump
Proper engine maintenance is the key to your vehicle’s long and useful life. Here are some tips to keep your vehicle’s engine in good shape:
- Regular Oil Changes: It is crucial to your vehicle’s performance. The recommended oil change is between 3,000 to 6,000 miles.
- Air Filter: Dirt and other particles should be kept away in order to prevent them from entering the system and possible damaging the engine.
- Car Battery: Keeping your battery in great shape is crucial to the overall functioning of your engine.
- Spark Plugs: Removing defective spark plugs is important for an optimum performance of the engine. New spark plugs will help your vehicle start easier and operate more efficiently.
- Timing Belt: If the timing belt looks like it reached its useful life, you might need to replace it with a new one; otherwise, it will slow down the efficiency of the vehicle engine..
- Original Engine Parts: Faulty engine components could damage the engine completely.
- Car Fluids: The brake fluid, engine fluid, engine coolant, power steering fluid, and transmission fluid should be filled to the marked level in order to avoid malfunctioning.
Emissions from vehicles are a major problem and needs to be taken seriously by all people operating a vehicle. These emissions not only affect the environment, but also people’s health. The main emissions of a vehicle engine are: nitrogen oxides, hydrocarbons, and carbon monoxide. As a result, it is crucial to check your vehicle in order to fix the problem as soon as possible. If a vehicle doesn’t pass inspection, there is a cost to fix. The emissions test may seem like an inconvenience, but considering all the effects of emissions makes it very significant.
The power steering system is a device driven by the engine of a vehicle that facilitates the turning of the steering wheel by the driver. The power steering system is made up of numerous components that must be checked constantly because they might fail after several years of use. A leak is most likely to be the obvious sign that you are having problems with the vehicle’s power steering system. Also, a leak might suggest that your vehicle is low on power steering fluid. Therefore, it is important to check the vehicle’s fluids regularly, so you could avoid other related problems.
The steering and suspension systems are used in order the control the movement and balance of your car. These systems are important for safety reasons, but also play a crucial part in the control level of the vehicle. They are referred together because they are related to each other
A broken engine belt could be quite costly to the driver’s wallet, therefore it is essential to replace it at the right time. Your vehicle owner’s manual will recommend at what mileage the timing belt must be replaced. These intervals range from every 60,000 miles to every 105,000 miles.
A muffler is a device that reduces the noise emitted by your vehicle. The noise is formed from pulses of alternating high and low air pressure. Mufflers are typically installed along the exhaust pipe as part of the exhaust system of an internal combustion engine to reduce its exhaust noise.